Monday, March 14, 2011

ok winter. I'm sick of you. Summer plz!


My sister is leaving for New York next Thursday where it is currently a whopping 6 degrees. That sounds like bikini weather to me right now given the conditions in dearest Edmonton over the past few weeks. I'm going to be honest with you all right now, I am currently medicated to the moon and have cheeks the size of Marlon Brando's because I had my wisdom teeth removed this weekend! I basically just came here to tell you all that my lovely presence in class may be missed tomorrow if I still look like a chipmunk and am too high to drive to the bus depot.

P.s. What's your favorite spot to find sustenance here in Edmonton? Last summer was when I began really exploring downtown aside from the places my folks had taken me to, and I ended up finding the Blue Plate Diner, now one of my favorite restaurants. So introduce me to my next favorite spot!

2 comments:

  1. Ah! I hope you feel better. Having wisdom teeth removed (and dealing with "the gauze") is not fun.

    Try Oodle Noodle Box (now on jasper and on whyte). I always end up getting the "Bombay Famous" which is butter chicken and is wonderful.

    Or try Culina on 99st and 89ave. I haven't been in awhile but it is small and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best restaurants you've never tried?

    If you like asian food there is an amazing Vietnamese restaurant on 101st and 107ave (I know sketchy) it's called Thanh Thanh. I recommend the lemongrass chicken in spicy coconut sauce and the Imerial rolls (the Pho is also some of the best in the city)

    If you like western food I would have to agree with the above post...Culina is awesome but has a slightly limited menu and is a little on the pricey side

    and now short form for the rest...

    Greek - Cosmo's 124 st & 108 ave
    Thai - Bua Thai 114st & Jasper ave
    Sushi - Kyoto sushi 99st & 63 ave (NOT THE CHAIN KYOTO RESTAURANTS!!!!!)
    Fine Dining - Unheardof Whyte ave & 96 st.


    I'm sure there will be people who disagree..but these would be my picks.

    ReplyDelete