Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Open Post

Not going to lie, I've been secretly looking forward to this week of "open blogging" so I could share something with you all without the regret of going against the prompt.

Meet the Rural Alberta Advantage. I stumbled upon them about 2 years ago and have been madly in love with them ever since. The Edmonton natives (now residing in ToRonna) created a concept album fittingly titled "Hometowns" back in 2009, which captures lead singer Paul Banwatt's experience of living in Alberta. This is one of those rare albums I can confidently say I can relate to. I am able to envision places mentioned, or relate the feel of a song to my own experiences of growing up in this province. I highly recommend you all buy/download/steal/whatever you need to do to listen to this, especially if you've grown up in and around the Edmonton area. You'll be able to pick up on certain mentions of specific places and really connect with what they've created.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, I posted this same thing earlier. So wonderful (and Departing is fantastic, too.) Are you going to see them in April?

    ReplyDelete